Remove the clutter and get directly to the content you love!
This policy explains which kind of information our websites, apps and services collect. This policy applies to both markdown.love and its services.
We value privacy, those are few of our key principles:
- We never ask you for personal information of any kind, unless truly needed (ie. asking for credit card information when you purchase anything, your email address for customer support,…etc.);
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of one of our services;
- We’re not in the business of selling your data, and never will. You are the customer, not some advertising company. We are in the business of selling apps and providing outstanding customer support;
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights;
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information;
If you have any questions or need any additional information covered, or not, in this Policy please contact me.
Website Visitors and App Users
Like most website operators, our websites, apps and services collect non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. The purpose in collecting non-personally-identifying information is to better understand how visitors use our websites, apps and services. From time to time,We may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of our websites or apps.
I don’t store any analytics on our servers. They are operated by Google Analytics.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors of our websites, apps and services choose to interact with them in ways that require them to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that our websites, apps and services gather depends on the nature of the interaction. Those who engage in transactions with our websites, apps and services – by purchasing a piece of software from the Online Store for example – are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, our websites, apps and services collects such information only as it is necessary or appropriate to fulfil the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with our websites, apps and services.We don’t disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. Visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain activities. The store on the website is operated by Stripe.
- Communications with Us: You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys, communicate with our Support about a support question.
Our websites, apps and services may collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to its websites and apps. For instance, they may monitor the most popular pages visited. They may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, they don’t disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about the actions that users perform in an app. We also collect information about what happens when you use our Services (e.g., page views, support document searches, button clicks) along with information about your device (e.g., mobile screen size, name of cellular network, and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make our Services better.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions. We may also collect information about your precise location via our mobile apps (when, for example, you post a photograph with location information) if you allow us to do so through your mobile device operating system’s permissions.
- Stored Information: We may access information stored on your mobile device via our mobile apps. We access this stored information through your device operating system’s permissions.
We may also get information from third party services about individuals who are not yet our users.
How We Use Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and as follows:
- To provide our Services;
- To further develop our Services – for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy;
- To understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To monitor and protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect our rights and property and others;
- To communicate with you about offers and promotions offered by Us and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on Us and our products, but only if you opted in yourself; We never spam anyone.
- To personalize your experience using our Services, provide content recommendations and serve relevant advertisements;
How We Share Information:
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- As Required by Law: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights and Property: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect our property or rights, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so.
- Aggregated and De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services.
- Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
Request / Delete your data
You can request a copy of all data we have about you by sending us an email, you can also ask us to delete all the data we have about you.
- How to export:
Send an email to [email protected] with the subject “[EXPORT] MARKDOWN.LOVE”. You can include anything you want to share in the body, a real human will read it (me). We will respond with an export of your data.
- How to delete:
Send an email to [email protected] with the subject “[DELETE] MARKDOWN.LOVE”. You can include anything you want to share in the body, a real human will read it (me). We will respond with a confirmation of deletion.
We believe in Privacy First. We are applying GDPR compliance for everyone and by default.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
Our websites, apps and services disclose potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organisations that (1) need to know that information in order to process it on our websites, apps and services’ behalf or to provide services available at our websites, apps and services’ websites, and (2) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organisations may be located outside of your home country; by using our websites, apps and services, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. our websites, apps and services will not rent, lend or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organisations, as described above, our websites, apps and services discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when our websites, apps and services believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of our websites, apps and services, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered to our newsletter,We may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with our products.We primarily use our various product blogs to communicate this type of information, soWe expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of the feedback mechanisms),We reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. our websites, apps and services take all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorised access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
If our websites, apps and services, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that our websites, apps and services go out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of our websites, apps and services may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Website and/or App of any change in ownership or uses of this information, as well as any choices you may have regarding this information.
Definitions and legal references
Personal Data (or Data)
Any information regarding a natural person, a legal person, an institution or an association, which is, or can be, identified, even indirectly, by reference to any other information, including a personal identification number.
Information collected automatically from our websites, apps and services (or third party services employed in our websites, apps and services), which can include: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers utilised by the Users who use our websites, apps and services, the URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier), the time of the request, the method utilised to submit the request to the server, the size of the file received in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the server’s answer (successful outcome, error, etc.), the country of origin, the features of the browser and the operating system utilised by the User, the various time details per visit (e.g., the time spent on each page within the website) and the details about the path followed within the website with special reference to the sequence of pages visited, and other parameters about the device operating system and/or the User’s IT environment.
The individual using our websites, apps and services, which must coincide with or be authorised by the Data Subject, to whom the Personal Data refer.
Data Subject (referred to in the Policy as User or Customer)
The legal or natural person to whom the Personal Data refers.
Data Processor or Data Supervisor (referred to in the Policy as “operated by” ;)
Data Controller (referred to in the Policy as “we”)
The natural person, legal person, public administration or any other body, association or organisation with the right, also jointly with another Data Controller, to make decisions regarding the purposes, and the methods of processing of Personal Data and the means used, including the security measures concerning the operation and use of our websites, apps and services. The Data Controller, unless otherwise specified, is the Owner of our websites, apps and services.
Small piece of data stored in the User’s device.
Notice to European Users: this privacy statement has been prepared in fulfilment of the obligations under Art. 10 of EC Directive n. 95/46/EC, and under the provisions of Directive 2002/58/EC, as revised by Directive 2009/136/EC, on the subject of Cookies.